Disney-comics digest #463.

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Sun Oct 16 14:36:55 CET 1994

DON:

    No -- you never said Ann wasn't coming; the last time you mentioned your
Scandinavian trip, I got a clear impression you said she *would* come! But --
that's neither here nor there; I do have a day off from work Friday oct. 28th,
and will be checking on train schedules and -fares to see if I can make it to
Goteborg or not; I do have to be back in Lund by about 7 pm, and well... it
remains to be seen if I can afford to!

Also, about your comments to Ron, I agree though for a different reason that
quoting previous messages ought to be kept to a minimum. Personally I *don't*
have to pay-per-read, since I use an account at my workplace, but too many
quotes in a message IMO makes it so much less readable that I often skip it.
Now, there are times when quotes are rather necessary, e.g. when Geir or RoC or
someone is commenting on several weeks worth of discussions, but in our daily
discussions I think we ought to keep the quotes to a minimum. This is eassilly
done by either editing out everything but the bare essentials from the message
you're quoting, or by shortly recapping the qestion or issue you want to
comment on in the beginning of your own posting; check the first sentence of
this paragraph, f'rinstance ("Also, about your comments to Ron...") -- I use 24
words of my own to recap the issue/previous message that I'm commenting on. I
think this is a better practice.

All my best!

Mattias

**** Mattias Hallin ** Lund * Sweden ** <Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se> ****
*               "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!              *
**************       A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"      *************