For Pete's sake...

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Fri Oct 28 13:29:51 CET 1994

Dwight Decker mentioned the transformations that Peg Leg Pete, Black Pete,
etc. has gone through over the years.  While I don't remember "Sneaky Pete,"
there was one story in the '70s where he was referred to as "Bold Pete."
I suppose that was nixed because Americans at that time thought boldness
was a desireable trait in their children. (And now we have the X generation
to show for it.)  Then again, maybe they thought he would get confused
witha a popular laundry detergent... :)

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!"  -the Beach Drakes