Returned mail

Dwight Decker deckerd at agcs.com
Mon Oct 31 19:45:08 CET 1994

There are some things I don't understand about the inner workings
of this list. Whenever I post a message, I get three or four copies
returned from me saying "undeliverable" or "host unknown," but other
people respond to it, so somebody must be getting it. Not all e-mail
addresses seem to work both ways, either. David Gerstein sent me a
private e-mail note today, which I received okay. I spent half an
hour and 91 lines replying to it, only to get it back with a "host
unknown" message two minutes later. After this I'm sorely tempted
to throw a brick through the screen and go back to stamps and
envelopes...

--Dwight Decker