From RoC

Anders Engwall Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
Fri Sep 9 10:35:50 CEST 1994

oLe 'RoC' Reichstein Nielsen:

>  The Complete (in-the-disney-comics-sense-of-that-word) Moe Checklist:

Hooray!

> X 1048   11   42/69   'DD - a Peaceful Fishing Trip!'
>  Only a minor role for Moe here. (Drawn by Paul Arens)

A couple of minor nits:

1) The code implies that it was made in 1971. A typo?
2) There is no Paul Arens in the creators index, but there is one *Mike*
   Arens there. What gives?

> The Fethry in DD #106 is very different in appearance from the later Fethry
> as drawn by TS. The really good stories are however the ones drawn by Al
> Hubbard around 1964.

Just like those newspaper office stories by Strobl, these constitute a
subgenre of their own, except these are...well, *weird*... They are certainly
some of the most bizarre Disney comics I've seen. Hubbard's artwork is very
loose here, and it fits these wild stories perfectly. HDL are absent for some
reason but OTOH Donald's cat takes a rather prominent role in the mayhem.
Great stuff -- I wish it was better known outside Scandinavia.

>  Try these: EXTRA 4024, 4033, 4051, 4079, 4120, 4130, and 6066...

Say, could you point out in which issues of AA&Co (and hence KA&Co) these
appear?

And why is it that all this great material was X- or S-coded and not pub-
lished in the U.S?

Anders Engwall				Email: Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
ELLEMTEL Utvecklings AB			Voice: +46 8 727 3893
[lvsj|, Sweden				Fax: +46 8 727 42 20
endremin saxassa flumen flobollala / feilobasch falljada follidi / flumbasch