Disney-comics digest #628.

M. Mitchell Marmel marmelmm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu
Tue Apr 4 16:36:47 CEST 1995

>of it, the cost of paper has skyrocketed in the past year, and this is
>something which may effect the future of comic books in general (or already
>has, obviously).

An interesting sidenote to this is that recycling newsprint is actually
becoming very profitable these days...

>$1.50 comics will have no cover stock. The 4 pages being eliminated will be
>the wrap-around cover. The first page of the interior comic will have the
>"cover" of the comic.

Hum!  So no glossy cover, but decent white stock?  Intertesting...

Methinks that's going to give the books a bit of a 'fanzine' feel...

>are probably suitably "Unwashed") will react to this change.

Good question.  Readers have been conditioned to expect covers in
everything except cheap giveaways from Radio Shack and the like.

>decide they don't like EITHER style, I guess you won't be seeing the last
>chapters of the "Lo$", eh?)

Don't even JOKE about THAT.

Mitch
M. Mitchell Marmel                \ Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked,
Drexel University                  \ whipped, beaten, chained and pierced.
Department of Materials Engineering \ *THE BEST HASHBROWNS IN THE WORLD!*
Fibrous Materials Research Laboratory\   marmelmm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu