Wanna unsubscribe?

JEREMY D. TOLLESON JTOLLESO at kiowa.astate.edu
Fri Apr 21 22:13:08 CEST 1995

I want to unsubscribe no ifs, ands, or buts.  Take me off of this dam
list now!!!!!:(

Date sent:      Fri, 21 Apr 95 19:42:52 +0200
From:           Per Starback  <starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE>
To:             disney-comics at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE

There have been lots of unsubscription requests sent to the whole list
recently.  I guess they tend to come in bursts because people who have
thought about unsubscribing get reminded of that when they see
someone else trying to do it, or because they think that as other
people send their requests to the whole list that must be the way to
do it.

Of course it isn't.  Unsubscription requests should ONLY go to the
administrator of the mailing list, not to the 200+ members of the
list.  The way to address them is to add -REQUEST to the name of the
list, so requests for this mailing list should be sent to

    disney-comics-request at minsk.docs.uu.se

and nothing else.  This trick works for lots (but not all) mailing
lists on the net.

(Hmm, this is also a message not about Disney comics sent to the list,
but I hope its net effect is to reduce irrelevant postings.)
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"
JTOLLESO