GCD Announcement (fwd)

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Thu Apr 27 17:44:49 CEST 1995

Greetings!

As I have previously mentioned in posts to this list, I am a member of
the Grand Comics Database (see below for details). The personnel
coordinator of GCD, Tim Stroup, has recently requested the following
message about the GCD FTP and WWW site to be forwarded to all relevant
mailing lists and news groups. As it happens, disney-comics is
particularly relevant, since one of the sample indexes happens to be
Uncensored Mouse (indexed by yours truly). Please consider taking the
time to check this out! In spite of a few "rough edges" in the database
format (most of which will no doubt me smoothed out in time) it is really
a grand scheme.

For the record: I have had plans to convert our own database to the GCD
format, but currently find myself out of time. If anyone else has the
knowledge and time to do such a thing, I am sure that the GCD
management would be overjoyed.

  /F