SmooOOooth covers in Greek Komix.

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Sat Aug 19 06:59:16 CEST 1995

Hi!

DON about greek Komix:
> Anyway, these are really nice looking comics, printed in what we
> call in America the "graphic novel" style, with heavy covers and square
> binding and excellent coloring. I'm currently trying to establish contact
> with Attica General to praise them.

I agree! This greek Komix is of very high quality. I myself have only
two copies op this monthly comic. One is from 7-92 and the other from
6-95. The one from 1992 however, does not have the same glossy looking
cover as the one from 1995. This last one, has a very smooOOOooth cover.
You can almost see yourself in it. (Really!). I happened to be on
vacation in Greece (Crete to be exact) two months ago. And being a Disney
comics fan, one of the first things I did, was going to find some Greek
comics. I found four titles. Which are:

	Komix (a monthly comic with high quality stories e.g. Rosa,
	       Barks, Van Horn)
	Miku Maous (a weekly comic with Italian stories)
	Almanako (a montly comic with all kind of stories. But
	 	  also articles about music, computer-game-reviews and
		  puzzles)
	Megalo Miky (Quite a large, and VERY good looking (just like
		     komix), comic that is published monthly too.
		     This year the entire "Gold Odyssey", which appeared
		     in the Ducktales series of Disney Comics a couple of
		     years ago, is printed)

I think all four titles are very good. It's quite hard to understand
the text though. But if you can figure out what every Greek letter
is in our own alphabet, then it's quite fun trying to translate it.
The credits are printed in a box called 'IETOPIKO', which, I think,
should be pronounced something like 'HISTORIKO'. In these credits
though, the English version of the title is also mentioned. My
issue of june 1995 has a story by Barks called 'To Oupavio Nnoi'.
Directly after this name, it says: 'Island in the sky'. It appeared
in 'Oeios Ekroute #29'. The first 'O' has a little stripe in it, and
has to be pronounced like a 'TH'. The last 'e' is not really an 'e'
but some character that I couldn't find on my keyboard. It has to be
pronounced like a 'Z'. That would make 'Oeios Ekroute' sound like:
'Thejos Skroutz', which is ofcourse 'Uncle Scrooge'.

You see? It's like a puzzle. But enough about this Greek language.
I KNOW this is a _Disney_comics_ mailing list. And I don't wanna upset
Per. ;-)

I liked it a lot, to see the credits in these comics. I couldn't find
the credits in Megalo Miky, but the other three had them. And even
IF it's hard to translate the names mentioned in the credits, it's
ALWAYS enjoyable to see credits in European Disney comics.

--Arthur.