DD&Co #6

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Tue Feb 7 01:08:15 CET 1995

Donald Duck & Co #6 1995
------------------------

Yup, David, Helge was right -- "Pork-Barrel Politics" is the lead story of
this issue. You want a copy?

- Donald Duck (D93554, 11 pages) -- "Pork-Barrel Politics". Script by David
Gerstein, art by Vicar.
WOW! This is good, David! You certainly know your Barks. There's a lot of
details here that reminds me of Barks stories -- HDL crawling around on the
floor playing with trains, Donald reading a book of how to become an expert,
the picture (with ducks) on the wall, the episode with Little Helper and
the mouse, etc. Vicar has really done a good job here too.
BTW, David -- when Donald gets the pig (Napoleon) to jump "through" the
ring, did you have one of the nephews call him "Lord of the rings"?

- Donald Duck (D93179, 6 pages). This is quite badly drawn, but it looks
a bit like Branca.
Donald is hired by a film company to teach one of their actors how to act
like a lazy guy with no purposes for his life. He does a very good job.

- Donald Duck (W/O.S. 147, 1 page). Carl Barks.

- Mickey Mouse (D93039, 10 pages) -- "Mickey the Detective in 'Phantom Bob
Returns'". Art by Esteban.
I said I didn't look forward to see this story, but it is actually quite
good. It's inpired by Stephen King's "Misery". I usually don't like King's
stories, but "Misery" isn't so bad. In this story Mickey is a writer, who
desides to cancel his series of books with "The Phantom Bob" as the villain.
The Phantom Blot kidnappes him, and forces him to bring back "the Bob".

- Uncle Scrooge (D92206, 8+ pages). Willian van Horn.
US disappears and Donald is taking over the business, with very bad results.
At the same time some mysterious person is taking over US's companies when
they get broke.
I think I start to like van Horn. The art is much better (and more relaxed)
than it used to be. Maybe he's trying to get more like Jippes (and Barks)...

- Donald Duck (KF 12.1.46, 1 page). Al Taliaferro.

Next week comes Extra issue #2 this year. It's celebrating Black Pete's
70th birtday. I didn't know he was older than Mickey. The issue has a big
drawing by Esteban on the cover. I hope there's something more interesting
inside.

   Jorgen