Paul's master list and David's Moe story

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Thu Feb 16 17:36:55 CET 1995

Paul Benjamin:
> So, is there any source of information on the artists/writers themselves?
> I have seen names like Strobl, Branca, Vicar, also stores credited solely
> to the Gutenburghus group.  Is there any sort of master list of who has
> created Uncle Scrooge stories, when they did it, who they worked for, what
> country, etc.?

There are some files available from ftp (look at your welcoming message
again for details) that may be of interest.
The file 'story-codes' contains a short summary of all editors in all
countries producing Disney comics. Also, some creator's names are mentioned
there.
The subdirectory 'index' contains the "Disney comics Database": a lot of
files with lists of stories and issues in various countries (at the
moment USA, Sweden, Holland).
In fact, most information we know about who wrote and drew which
story is in those files. We even know more credits than Gladstone lists,
because our information comes from a wide variety of sources (including
the creators themselves 8-).

If you think there are too many files and you have only interest in certain
parts, you can always ask questions to me. I have programs to make any list
of any subset of the database.

------
David:
> Some of you will be pleased to hear that I'm writing my
> Hard-Haid Moe story now

I don't want to withhold you, but I'm curious about:
How many Moe stories have you read? Do you think you caught the
character well enough to make a story with him? Why would you want
to do a story with him at all? (Remember: I don't know Moe, I only
saw him on a Brazilian cover)

--Harry.
"This is your illusionist speaking!"
"Well, how about that! I haven't even dialed the number yet!"
		(Quote from a Fethry story)