MM in Color

Cdoberman@aol.com Cdoberman at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 22:56:11 CET 1995

I was surprised to see that Mickey Mouse in Color was as expensive as it was.
 In 1993, I found it at a resellers in Cincinnati, Ohio,  for $14.99, unread.
 (Although it was not the edition that included the record and autographs.)
 I tried to talk the dealer into giving it to me for $10, but nothing doing.

Regarding Goofy King Arthur:

I do not enjoy these Goofy "movies" as they've been called.  I would rather
see Mickey and Goofy as Mickey and Goofy.  Yes, I might enjoy them more in a
larger format, but they are not for me.  DM is the one Gladstone title I only
rarely buy, while I always buy the rest.  As a rather recent convert to
Disney comics, I thoroughly enjoy Carl Barks (every story is new to me!) and
Floyd Gottfredson (who introduced me to the heroic potential of MM).  I am
also enjoying Don Rosa's stuff quite a lot (this may not be the complement I
intend it to be, Don, but your art somehow appeals to me the way Mad
Magazine's art appealed to me as a kid in the seventies -- rich with humorous
details).  And Van Horn -- who sometimes gets too carried away with
cartoonish violence -- tells some fun stories.

So, cheers to the artists and tellers of tales.

Wes

"But, Mickey, it's SUICIDE!  We'll be KILLED!  How'll we ever land without
wheels?" -- Captain Doberman