net.comix

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Tue Jul 4 06:27:23 CEST 1995

Bill Kartalopoulos (not a member of this list) found the WWW pages
on Disney comics and sent me the following because of that:

> I write with a request: I have been thinking about starting a WWW comics
> magazine, kind of like an on-line version of Wizard (but without all the
> fluff) called net.comix.  There are a lot of good comic resources on the
> net, but they are scattered.  I am hoping to bring them all together
> in one place where comic fans can go for news and information.

> I would like to include a list of thoughtful, in-depth comic book
> reviews which will cover most of the comics people might be interested
> in buying.  Since you're the 'net's Disney Comics expert, I was
> wondering if you'd be interested in reviewing Disney comic books on a
> regular basis..

> I hope to be able to sell some advertising space, so this would
> eventually cover the cost of comic books for those involved.

> If you'd like more information on this project, please let me know.
> It's pretty much in its formative phase right now... I'm mainly
> contacting people like you who I would like to get involved in the
> project.

I answered that I'm not the Disney comics expert on the net, but only
administrate the mailing list where they talk to each other.
And also that I'm not interested in writing those reviews, but that I
should forward his letter to the list.  So if anyone's interested in
this, write Bill Kartalopoulos about it: <wsk at dartmouth.edu>.
(Once again: he's not a member of this list, so replies to the list
won't be seen by him.)
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"