Mike in Holland

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Mon Jul 10 10:19:58 CEST 1995

MIKE:
> ...the year-old Hollandise (sp?) issue...

A short lesson in western European geography 8-):
The country I live in is called The Netherlands. Most foreign people
call it Holland (like the United Kingdom is often called England).
The adjective to that is "Dutch". I am Dutch. I speak Dutch.
The country next door is called Belgium. Half of that country speaks
Dutch. That half of the country is commonly called Flanders, while the
language variety is called Flemish.

> I [am] currently writing a long BB adventure, which
> I hope will give me some money if I'll ever get it to the Geillusteerde Pres
> (somebody said they're looking for scripts to non-disney stories).

I said on this list that De Geillustreerde Pers (GP) is looking for short
non-DUCK stories. But last week I heard they were also looking for short
Duck-stories. I don't think they want a long Beagle Boys story. But I'm
not sure; please contact GP before you put too much effort in a story they
don't want.
Scripts in English are OK. When they have a Spanish studio do the art, they
have to translate it to Spanish, anyway.
(BTW: it would be great to see a Pohjola story in Dutch DD!)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks         ()_()                 Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Telecom          (_)                     fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Netherlands                  "Yeah.. I've _heard_ of coral barques"