rec.arts.disney reorganization

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Jun 22 23:14:01 CEST 1995

There is a new vote going on now about reorganizing rec.arts.disney on
USENET.  If the suggestion goes through rec.arts.disney will be
replaced by the following groups:

> rec.arts.disney.misc         General topics pertinent to the Disney Company.
> rec.arts.disney.parks        Parks, resorts, dining, attractions, vacations.
> rec.arts.disney.merchandise  Toys, videos, music, books, art, collectibles.
> rec.arts.disney.animation    Animated features, cartoons, short subjects.
> rec.arts.disney.announce     FAQs, lists, info, announcements (Moderated).

Even though it's not explicitly mentioned I guess comics would go
under the merchandise subgroup.

The (first) call for votes has been sent out to all the Disney
newsgroups and some related groups as well as news.announce.newgroups
and news.groups.  It includes among other things instructions on how
to vote.  I won't repeat that here as people who haven't read that
whole message shouldn't vote anyway, but I guess that there might be
other people like me out there who occasionally read USENET News but
seldom enough so they might miss this if noone had pointed it out in
time, and indirectly this has to do with Disney comics as it affects
one of the places on USENET to discuss the subject matter.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"