DD&Co #9

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Tue Mar 7 22:59:55 CET 1995

David:
>Did I ever tell all of you that the British run two of the 1980s
>Bob Foster-written DD daily gags each issue?

And the Norwegian runs one Taliaferro strip each issue.

Donald Duck & Co #9 1995
------------------------

- Front cover (D11731) shows Donald playing tennis in the winter.
He's got tennis rackets under his feet.

- Uncle Scrooge (D93476, 10 pages). Art by Vicar.
Donald, Scrooge, the nephews and Gyro are in Egypt to search for
treasures. After Donald is almost hit by some Indiana-Jones-style-trap
they find a perfume (Queen Patra's) which makes the one who smell it
very cooperating. Suddenly Magica is there and makes Scrooge give her
the dime.
The story is very thin, but the art is good.

- The Beagle Boys (D93304, 6 pages). Art by Xavi.
I can only agree with David on this story.

- Gus Goose (D93235, 2 pages). The art looks like Santanach.
After having stopped some dripping, because of the irritating noise,
the sun starts to melt the snow, causing a lot of dripping.
Not bad.

- Donald Duck (no code, 10 pages). Carl Barks.
Guess this is the same as David is describing (WDC 92). The Swedish
version doesn't have any code either.

- Mickey Mouse (D94073, 8+ pages). Script by Pat McGreal, art by
Ferioli.
David has already described it. I haven't read part two yet either
(there are only two, according to Kalle Anka #9), but I don't think
I like the dinosaurs so far. Seems that they had to use some genetic
material from some very careful animal, only eating plants when they
were recreated (yes, I have read the first one of the stories).
     Those of you who have seen Jurassic Park should read the book
too (Michael Crichton). The persons involved are about the same, and
there is an island with dinosaurs, but that's almost the only
similarities between the book and the movie.

- Donald Duck (KF 8.27.50, one page). Al Taliaferro.

David:
>Donald Duck:  "The Old Lighthouse" (D93440, 1 page)
>      Art by Xavi.  Okay, I guess.

That one is in the Swedish issue too. There is also a Goofy one-pager
which was printed here earlier.

   Jorgen