Disney-comics digest #611.

ADEBLIEC@drew.edu ADEBLIEC at drew.edu
Thu Mar 16 04:22:13 CET 1995

The new HERO Illustrated came out today in the comics shops near me.  It is
issue #22 and features an annoying cover of The Mask.  The Disney Ducks
section in the back is quite possibility the thinnest such section they've
done yet, unfortunately.  The Do Rosa interview is two pages long, and most
of that is filled with his drawings.  (A panel from Gaurdians of the Lost
Library, the Andold Duck cover from an issue of Donald Duck Adventures, and
some smaller reproductions of various covers...)
The GOOD news, however, is that they give a lot, relatively, of space in
Don's section about the inequities of the Disney comic section - lack of
royalties, lack of returns original art, etc.  Hopefully, it will be given
a little more attention now, but who knows?  There' 2/3 of a page about the
Carl Barks' paintings, and a two page+ assessment of the Duck universe,
with little descriptions of the characters.  There's an intro by Diamond
Comics Distributor Steve Geppi, as well, alongside a gorgeous full-color
spread of an Uncle Scrooge painting by Barks.
And its all followed by three pages of inaccurate pricing info.  Ugh.
At least there is some attention being focused on it.  I think I'll write them
a letter...

-Augie