Disney-comics digest #611.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Mar 16 07:32:00 CET 1995

>TRYG AND ALL AGAIN:
        Things change fast. I just found out that even though Disney has
allowed Gladstone to add a new "SHOWCASE" title this time (recall that a
year ago they wouldn't allow it because someone was on vacation and the next
guy in the corporate ladder was too scared to allow something to happen at
this company that published weird comics about mysterious pseudo-Disney
characters like "$crooge McDuck"), they have now decided that Gladstone
CANNOT use the title UNCLE WALT'S COLLECTORY. I understand that "Uncle Walt"
is a term used by Disney employees when speaking derogatorily about their
own corporation, and they can hardly allow the name to be used as the title
of a funnybook!
        The new title will possibly be WALT DISNEY'S COLLECTORY -- not as
creative, but safer for the Gladstone-watchdogs.