Citizen Kane

Frank Stajano fms at cam-orl.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 23:06:21 CET 1995

This is not one of my usual "thousands of replies condensed into one
message"- I haven't found the time to catch up yet. Maybe next weekend.

I just wanted to warn you all that the movie "Citizen Kane", that has been
discussed several times in the past month, and that was quoted by Don as an
inspiration for some of his $crooge work, will be transmitted on Friday on
satellite TV.

Maybe you don't get satellite TV (I, for one, don't) but I bet you know
several friends who do and who will gladly record a tape for you if you ask
nicely.

The complete coordinates are:

Friday 10 November 1995
23:55 Sky Movies Gold
Citizen Kane
(1941, Drama)

That's it!

And now a shameless plug. Many thanks to those of you who have already
visited my new Disney pages at

http://www.cam-orl.co.uk/‾fms/disney

and/or the Scarpa page at

http://WWW.Update.UU.SE/‾starback/disney-comics/scarpa.html

This one contains the text of my "Scarpa's periods" analysis, as Per
announced (thanks for putting it up Per!) and the interesting bit is that
for almost every story referenced you can view a full-colour page from the
comic! So you can compare the styles for yourself if you don't have the
comics, or recognise the story and find your own translations of the comics
if you have non-Italian reprints.

Similar pages on other authors (Cavazzano first) will be written as soon as
I get round to doing it!

See you soon,

   Frank  (filologo disneyano)