Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Phewey (or is that Whewey? :-)

Paula Heinonen paula at jybox.jyu.fi
Wed Nov 15 00:09:46 CET 1995

Per Starback <starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE> wrote...
>> http://www.kaapeli.fi/‾sarjaks/sarjainfo/uutiset.html
>I've seen it now!  Remarkable panel, indeed!  Too bad it doesn't say
>what story it is from.  Does anyone know?

The text given above for the Barks panel reads:
This Barks half-page original was stolen from the Galerie Laqua [sp?] in
Berlin a couple of months back [no date given?].  The Galerie has asked
collectors to be alert if they are offered the stolen goods.

The text for the four-nephew panel reads:
Occasionally the attention of even the most vigilant company falters: one of
the blackest moments for the danish Disney comics producer company Egmont
must have been this panel, where we have Donald, Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, Louie
and... and who?  No, it isn't the first appearance of Phewey, a duckling with
a sequestered childhood, but a simple error in the part of the artist.
Surmising from the style, the innumerate duck-artist is the spaniard Torres.

The most amazing thing of course is that the panel got through Egmont's
controls and appeared at least in the danish edition.  But has the story been
published in the Finnish-language Donald Duck?  Do any of our readers
remember the adventure and was the panel corrected in the Finnish edition?

-- Paula