Digest 853

TKlein28@aol.com TKlein28 at aol.com
Wed Nov 22 01:10:17 CET 1995

DON: Go ahead, blame me! I found your account of the Lucca convention quite
interesting. Did you run into any other Americans or Brits there? I did see
some of the foreign output of DC Comics characters when I worked on staff
there, and there were examples from about 40 countries, including Spain,
though I imagine it is a tiny part of the market. I even have a few copies of
stories I wrote in other languages. It must have been fun for you to find
some of yours there. By the way, I don't know if you've ever been to Quebec,
but there is a walled city at the top of the hill which is quite European in
feel, though not as authentic as some I have seen in Germany and Britain. The
city of York in England is one that I enjoyed because the city wall is
complete and wide enough for strolling. I've been around the town on two
different trips there.

DAVID:
I just went and looked at the Disney DONALD AND SCROOGE album to find the
name of that letterer -- Theresa Davidson. I don't know her, and haven't seen
her name anywhere else that I can think of. Perhaps she was a staff
production person? For the record, the first thing I asked when Len Wein
called to offer me lettering work for Disney Comics was whether I could
letter any Don Rosa stories, but at that point I was told they didn't have
any scheduled. I tried, Don!