credits

Jyrki Vainio spycke at freenet.hut.fi
Wed Nov 29 18:12:45 CET 1995

As far as I've heard the official explanation in Finland for not
including the creators' credits is that they gather material from
all over the Europe (i.e. Egmont, Italy and Holland) but they
DON'T get to know the credits from all of them, it would be
"unfair" to include credits for some stories but not for all. I
think they are already a bit "unfair" as now because they include
a credit line on Barks's stories, nowadays sometimes also with
the original publishing year. They also have this special mention
that they are "audience's favourites". I haven't seen that
mention used with other stories more than maybe once or twice.

JACOB:

What is this mention to LEGOs in the end of your messages? Are we
talking about these small plastic building blocks? Ohboy... if
you'd just know how many years it took me to get rid of the
addiction to them! At the time when I was on the first grade in
comprehensive school I used to play all my favourite $crooge
stories with them. I still don't need to reread any of the
stories from the years 1984-86 because I remember most of them
by heart (especially the first ones). Now I don't want to sink
further in my childhood traumas but let me just say that I spent
soooo many frustrating hours trying to make as glorious boat out
of my Legos as $crooge had in the comics...
					--- Jyrki Vainio ---