Disney-comics digest #804.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Wed Oct 4 01:47:52 CET 1995

	A few corrections and supplementary bits of info to the
Diamond Previews information (which I'm very glad to hear, Arthur!
Thanks!)
	WDC&S 601 ALSO includes a complete reprint of the 1933
giveaway Mickey Mouse Magazine, Vol. 1 No. 1.  (The thing's worth
something like $2500.  I go for this about a thousand times more than
any penguin story...)  And the cover is an original ink drawing by
Barks that illustrates his painting "Sailing the Spanish Main"
(originally done as an ad for that litho, and printed with very bad
color in the CBL... now it gets its just desserts!)
	USA 37's translation of "Colossus of the Nile" IS
long-awaited.  There have been about eight letters asking for it in
the last four years, which is unique for a foreign story.  It's my
personal favorite Scarpa duck story.  It's much better than the Lentil
story, IMHO.  Gladstone had planned at first to run this story in USA
39-40, though.  Was one of your stories postponed, Don?  As much as I
enjoy "Colossus," I hope to see "The Universal Solvent" soon...
	WDG 4's story IS NOT by Pat Block.  The cover is by Pat Block,
but "The Mysterious Stranger" is a 44-page Jaime Diaz Goofy story.
The "Goofy histories" will ONLY run once a year in WDG from now on,
according to what I've been told.  Pat Block may do a Mickey story,
but it won't be for a while.
	DDMM 4's story sounds like the Verhagen Eli Squinch story that
Egmont used a couple years ago!  When this gets published, I'm there.

	David Gerstein
	<96dag at williams.edu>
	"Have a chestnut, boys! ... OW!"