US 9

Egil Pettersen egil at telepost.no
Thu Oct 5 16:44:55 CET 1995

Hi.

First of all, I am not Egil Pettersen. That is the name of the owner
of the machine I´m working on, so his name comes out on all my
messages. I´m Erik Horthe, and the E-mail-adress is egil at telepost.no

OK-Back to lemmings. The article in National Geographic tells about
an American couple who sails the south-coast of Norway and shows
pictures they took during their journey. Knut is right when he thinks
that Carl Barks copied pictures from the magazine and added lemmings
here and there. As a matter of fact, he even added a couple of ducks,
and they were not in the original article either. The point is he
used the article as research, and used it in his way. F.i., the
houses in "Herringtale" in US 9 are similar to houses in Arendal in
National Geographic, but they are not copied.

Lemmings are not mentioned in the article, but Carl Barks told me he
had heard about them when he lived in Minneapolis. Knut explained
about the myth of the lemming-suicide. However, there is another myth
about lemmings. Can you say a little about that, Knut?

Erik (not Egil)