Disney-comics digest #811.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Oct 11 05:51:00 CET 1995

VIDAR:
        There's lots of questions you could probably hang me up on when it
comes to a story like "The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad" where I play fast
and loose with science and physics. But I would have thought the answer to
this particular question would be obvious. The Ducks regained their normal
size before the Bin did because the Bin was shrunken much, MUCH more than
they were. It was so tiny it had long become invisible to even tiny-them.
Right? I would have thought you meant to ask me why the Bin was *shrinking*
faster than they were -- that would be a fair question, as it passed them up
in "shrinkage". If the translator omitted that explanation (which I made
even though it was clearly shown in the story), it was because the Ducks
only got a one-second burst of the shrink-ray, while the Beagles gave the
Bin a looooonnnngg blast of it, giving it lots more shrink-momentum. But
they were both, Duck-duo and Bin, enlarging at the same speed -- it's just
that the Ducks had a huge head-start in size-osity.
        See?...