Egypt and WDC&S #600

Augie De Blieck Jr. adebliec at internexus.net
Fri Oct 13 03:08:49 CET 1995

PER:
Whoo-hoo!  The list is back!  That was quick!

FREDRIK:

Thanks for the correction on the climate of Egypt.  Having never been
outside the U.S., and rarely outside of New Jersey, for that matter, my
knowledge of foreign lands comes mostly from the media, I suppose.

WES:

I, too, liked WDC&S #600, and even noticed the charity parallels between
the stories.  Interesting.  Was this the first time Gladstone has
reprinted a Don Rosa story in one of its regular issues?

The new Comics Buyers Guide has an ad on the back page for Walt Disney
Giant #3: "Donald the Mighty Duck!"  Yes, obviously playing off of
Disney's professional Hockey team, this is a collection of Super Snooper
stories, mostly, including Barks' "Super Snooper" and Don's "Super
Snooper Strikes Again," which I found particularly hilarious as a
super-hero fan.  Is this the quickest reprinting of a Rosa story in the
U.S.A.? (It also includes a Lockman/Strol/Liggera tale, "Mighty Duck," by
the way.) It ships the last week of this month.

-Augie