-- US#295 & WDC&S#600 --

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Thu Oct 19 03:59:28 CET 1995

	I've bought US#295 and WDC&S#600 today. Both GREAT issues.
Now I've finally seen Lo$#11 in English. MUCH better. I hate the Dutch
dialogues, coloring and covers. Especially the covers are terrible.
	By the way: One thing that I noticed about the coloring. In the
Netherlands, they ALWAYS color _COINS_ yellow. And in the States they
ALWAYS color coins white! Why is this?
	Anyway, I was talking about Lo$#11. I noticed that on the first
panel on page 6, they left out the mask, that's hanging on the door of
the voodoo-village. Was that mentioned before? If it was, then I'm
sorry. But it justed seemed odd to me. Another thing is on page seven,
the fourth panel on the second row. That panel is missing the pole
with the head on it in the American version.
	And ofcourse, the big splashpanels at the beginning of
every part. The new (well, they're new to me) panels look very good.
But, I also like the splashpanels. They kind of, break up the story.
Luckily, I get to see BOTH versions every time.
	Talking about bad coloring. On the 13th page, the 6 panel on
the 3th row, there's a little map. In the Dutch version, they've colored
the sea green, and the land blue. I had no idea, what was meant by the
map. But now that I've seen the American version, I can see that it
shows the middle east. The next panel shows Scrooge with a newspaper
blown at his face. The Dutch version showed "Haarlemsch Dagblad". Well,
THAT's an original Dutch newspaper. The American version shows "Amsterdam
EXTRA". I've never heard of THAT newspaper. It probably doesn't exist.
That's probably why they changed it's name in Holland. BTW, what's the
newspaper called in other countries?
	Then about WDC&S#600. That's a nice issue too. The cover's
kind of weird (when you're used to the Rosa-covers!), but it's probably the
same as WDC&S#001! And then, the Donald (Donald?) Duck Family Tree.
Finally, Finally! The original version, with all the English names.
It looks very, very good. Interesting to see all those faces again,
after you've read the Lo$-series.
     ___
C:\>aR|HUr