-- Coins, coins and coins --

Arthur de Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Fri Oct 20 03:20:55 CET 1995

	DON:
	You said that it is a BIG mistake that colorists in Europe
color Scrooge's coins gold. But Barks always colors his coins gold/yellow
on his paintings!
	I just looked at the copies of all European Disney comics I have,
and you're right: all coins are yellow. Well, there were a few Greek comics
that had white coins.

	ALLEN:
Do you think that they color the coins in Europe gold, because
European coins are mostly gold, brass and copper-colored. Well, maybe
we have a few not-silver colored coins in Holland, but most of them
ARE silver. Let's see, we have six different coins in Holland, of which
four are silver! One of the two non-silver coins is quite a new one
(5 guilders), so until recently, four out of five coins were silver.
So why should they color all coins in Scrooge's money bin GOLD in Holland?
	No, I just think it's a tradition, like Don said. The first time
I noticed the white/silver coins in American comics was in Don's "The
Money Pit" in Disney Comics' Donald Duck Adventures #1! I thought: "Hey!
Those coins are WHITE!". I had been reading Disney comics with yellow/gold
coins my entire life, and now I saw WHITE coins. It seemed odd. But I
guess it's a tradition of what people in different countries are used to!
     ___
C:\>aR|HUr

     ___
C:\>aR|HUr