Barks influences, etc.

Dan Shane homebrew at iglou.com
Sat Oct 21 12:52:44 CET 1995

TODD KLEIN:

I'm not sure I understand your claim that no Native American
(why can't we call them Indians, technically improper though
that may be?  Indians refer to themselves as Indians.)monuments
like Stonehenge are documented.  Stonehenge itself isn't
documented, it's just there.  To this day no one really knows
its true origin.

There are plenty of Indian mounds to testify to ancient North
American peoples'hard work moving the scenery around to suit
themselves.  Living in Kentucky, I've had the opportunity to see
lots of these earthworks thorughout the South and the Midwest.
The tallest mound is in Illinois about 30 miles east of St.
Louis, MO, and it's about 100 feet high.  The mound builders
were active in Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Alabama, Missouri,
Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, and several other states.

Great Serpent Mound in Chillicothe, OH stretches in the shape of
 a huge snake for   mile.  It compares favourably to the great
chalk cutouts in England for only been visible in its entirety
from the air.

The Mound Builders, or their leavings, are great fodder for
comic stories, but haven't really been touched as far as I know.