Disney-comics digest #825.

Augie De Blieck Jr. adebliec at internexus.net
Wed Oct 25 04:56:08 CET 1995

DON:

Among your previous works in the realm of comics: Did you do a
column for Amazing Heroes?  I seem to remember the one issue of that
magazine which I do own having a couple of pages' worth of covers on it
which had some common theme.  The author was one Don Rosa.  Was this you?

Wait, I'll go dig it up...

Here:  Amazing Heroes #179 (May 1990 - LONG Todd McFarlane interview in
it which is why I bought it)  "Don Rosa's Cover Gallery" it is called and
is three pages' worth of Superman covers in which his secret identity is
revealed.  The subtle humor evident in the introductory paragraph sounds
like your work to me!

Wow, thanks for the trip down memory lane...

DAN: Yes, the Columbus news story is true.  National Geographic, if I
remember correctly, re-plotted his course a few years back from his original
journals
and discovered that he actually landed on an island in the Caribbean, I
believe.  Of course, there is a certain political element in this country
which took great pride in this and loved to splash the news about.  It
has gone so far downhill in this country that in many places Columbus Day
isn't even celebrated anymore.  (At my University, for example, we had
"Multicultural Awareness Day" off.  It is very unfashionable to be a
white male these days.  OK, political rant off.)

ARTHUR:

Yes, I'd love to try to work something out!  Will contact you in private
e-mail!

-Augie
Augie De Blieck Jr. | Help make more VR.5 movies! | Thanks to everyone who
Media Relations     |   Sign the petition with    | helped bring VR.5 back
Virtual Storm       |     jdobbin at magic.mb.ca     |     to television!