Don on Italian News

Augie De Blieck Jr. adebliec at internexus.net
Thu Oct 26 15:13:36 CET 1995

Our local cable provider includes an Italian netwok, which broadcasts all
Italian broadcasts - moview, news, game shows, etc.

I was flipping through the channels last night when I ran across the news
and saw a Donald Duck cartoon on with someone doing their report on a
voice over. I don't speak Spanish, so I have no idea what they were
saying but:

(1) They cut at one point to a panel from Don's Lo$!  It was panel three
on page four of part ten, showing Donald's younger parents sharing a
heart in a love balonn.  It was a black and white photocopy of it.

(2) Is the Italian word for "birthday" similar at all to the Spanish
word?  I know in sSpanish it is "cumpleanos" and I thought I heard a word
very similar to that in thenewscast, though I could be mistaken.  This
would lead me to believe it was a story about Donald's 60th birthday.

(3) I aalso thought I heard them give Don's name, but with my lack of
understanding of the language, it could have been any word sounding like
'Rosa'.

Oh, well..  Did anyone else see this?  Any of our Italy contigent?

-Augie