Vic. Geir and GeirDCML #5

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Wed Dec 1 13:23:38 CET 1999

> From: Vic Pratt <Vic.Pratt at bfi.org.uk>
> sorry if I appear to be a klutz, but can someone tell me exactly what
KOMIX is?
It's hard to know when you're new:-)
Komix is a greek magazine, with comics by Barks, Rosa and other
masters. I actually visitted the editors and they're very nice. But the
magazine itself is one of the best Disney Comic magazines in Europe.
(Zio Paperone is said to be superior)

> Is it a fanzine?
Kind of, there's a lot of great editorials... in greek!

> And what exactly is the Rosa book that everyone 's talking about?
Should be out in Norway soon, with Pertwillaby paers and Captain
Kentucky. a comic-series Don did before he became a duck cartoonist.
Unless you think of the Kalevala-book that just came out in Finland,
and comes tomorrow here (the first part)

GEIR HASNES
> I just got the Norwegian Donald Duck weekly in the mailbox,
containing the second part of Don's Kalevala story.
You must be a subscriber then... as I am, and your weekly is far ahead
from ours... they're printing part 1 tomorrow

> From: Geir Netland <geinet at yahoo.com>
> This year's Norwegian "Donald Duck Christmas-Album"
> is an exact re-print of the Christmas Album from 1988.
> That means that the *first* Rosa-story ever printed in
> Norway (probably also the hardest one to get a copy
> of) is again available.
> The name of the story is: "Du grønne, glitrende...."
> (Fir-tree Fracas).
> Perhaps this Christmas-Album has also been printed in
> other Scandinavian countries????
It has. and I think there should have been some other stories in it in
stead of the non-Rosa ones... It's the first time egmont reprints an
entire christmas-book that way. But of course it's great to see Don's
Fir-Free fracas again, though I have two copies of the 1988-issue
myself, and swapped two too...