COMICS

Vic Pratt Vic.Pratt at bfi.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 10:40:15 CET 1999

Thanks to everyone on the list who sent me information...I'm still trying to
fill in the gaps....

Please forgive me if I ask a few more questions:

1. Have Gladstone stopped publishing Disney comics again? When did they stop?

2. Since the first Gladstone Mickey Mouse series, have there been any reprints
of Gottfredson or Scarpa in English anywhere?

3. Is any country publishing Duck and Mouse comics in English at the moment? Are
they any good?

I loved those newspaper strip reprints in the Gladstone comics, they seemed to
really be enthusiastic about what they were doing, and the comics were
reasonably priced as well, which was great. Personally I would rather have
everything on cheap newsprint if it meant that I could afford to buy them
all.Although I must confess I like those Barks colour albums.

And I had never heard of Scarpa until I read the reprints in the Gladstone
comics. Is that his only work reprinted in English?  I thought it was inventive
and funny and slightly surreal the way other Italian strips like DYLAN DOG are.

One other thing: any SUPER DUCK fans out there? Or anyone with any information
about BUGS BUNNY comics in the early fifties?

Best wishes
Vic