On KOMIX

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at kom.auc.dk
Thu Dec 2 15:22:40 CET 1999

"Dr. Archontis Pantsios" wrote:

> And I'm explaining myself: Søren seems to be dumbfounded and can't
> understand how on earth a comic that prints mostly Barks, Rosa, and Scarpa
> re-re-(whatever)-prints can qualify as one of the best Disney comic books in
> the world. I guess that he didn't pay much attention to the tiny detail that
> KOMIX is published in Greece and in Greek--hence, its target market is the
> Greek population--not Scandinavia, not Germany, not France,....

Ah well, let it be the best in Greece then, since it targets the Greek
readers so well.

> KOMIX may not have something new for Søren--or for many other people, who,
> for example, may get to read the original Rosa stories in Egmont's
> publications, or who had the chance to read Barks in the original in
> Gladstone's reprints. However, it offers many new things to its Greek
> readership, and it does it in an exceptional way.

So KOMIX is

1) For the Greek population and written in Greek.
2) Contains Barks re-re... which the rest of Europe has seen ad nauseam.

What exactly makes it so exquisite then? (except from the articles and
the glossy paper) If a comic is supposed to have an over-all interest to
the world, it should appeal to as many as possible, but your KOMIX
doesn't, and it was never intended to do so. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps
the rest of Europe loves to read Barks' stories in Greek--in that case I
apologize.

Never mind, the two KOMIX I have are stuffed with stories I've seen
before, and this is not my idea of a "one of the best in Europe" mag.
Sorry.

Søren