DCML digest, Vol 1 #6 - 14 msgs

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at kom.auc.dk
Thu Dec 2 15:47:47 CET 1999

KRITON:

> Let's put it this way: if you could read any language fluently, and
> you were *forced* to read one of those re-re-re-prints, which comic
> book would you chose? If you wanted to own the best edition of one
> of said re-re-re-prints in a language that you cannot read, which one
> would you chose? Chances are that the answer to both questions would
> be KOMIX.

Now, *that* I can follow, and you may be right, especially if we assume
that nothing's lost in the translations. However

> Although I share your sentiments about KOMIX offering little to someone
> who owns a full run of Gladstone's output, I am amazed that many readers
> of the list are aware of KOMIX, and even own an issue or two.

most of Europe wouldn't need to have American issues to know about those
re-re's of Barks (and others). I am not speaking of a little group of
hard core collectors here who simply has everything. Nope. Egmont has
been reprinted those Barks stories for years in many countries and I
know they've seen a few reprints in Germany, France and Italy as well.

Søren