Something that is repeating in a defined time interval

Ole Reichstein Nielsen ole.roc at get2net.dk
Mon Dec 6 18:15:56 CET 1999

Georgios Balanikas:
>BTW , OLE,  the word "periodical " is English but clearly from Greek origin
> .
>(Periodikos = something that is repeating  in a defined time interval )

I know! I read Greek, and even occasionally understand it. The word I would
have used, if I had thought it was commonly known, is "ephemeral". Something
which comes and then passes again. This describes the temporary nature of
a comic book, whereas a 'periodical' indeed suggests something which repeats
over and over and over...

December 5.th is a periodical occurrence, but yesterday will never be back.

oLe
_U