Carl Barks

gwtank gwtank at email.msn.com
Thu Dec 16 19:40:54 CET 1999

There is so much misinformation about Carl Barks on various parts of the net, that Carl wishes to have the record set straight. He is now 98.75 years old. His wit is as sharp as ever but he indeed has been found to have a lymphoma (which he classifies as a leukemia). He is maintaining his own, i.e., he is stable on some minor chemotherapy taken in pill form. When  he was first diagnosed he had become very anemic. After 4 blood transfusions, probably 3 to 4 months ago, his red blood count has been satisfactory without need for further transfusions. I visit him on an almost daily basis and find that his greatest problem is on of general achiness and fatigue, which I guess at his age is the norm rather than anything unusual.  Occassionally I can get  him out of the house for lunch or to buy something like a new chair to make him more comfortable. He sends  h is best wishes to all of his fans for a happy holiday season.
If anyone wants to send him greetings they can use my address, but please do not expect a personal response.
Carl Barks
c/o Gerhard W. Tank, MD
2370 Scoville Road
Grants Pass, Or. 97526-3462
Remember, March 27 will be his 99th birthday so be prepared to forward any birthday wishes to me or alternatively to Michael Naiman.