What is Disney thinking?

Rodney w bowcock jr. rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Wed Dec 22 03:21:30 CET 1999

The more I learn (or should I say, DON'T learn) about the situation with
the comics not being published the more angry I get.  I don't understand
why a big giant company like Disney feels the need to be *so* controlling
over every license agreement.  I am already not the biggest fan of Disney
as a corporation and this obvious disregard for their historic past
irritates me to no end.  Wasn't it Walt Disney himself who said that
without the *comic strip* department the studio would've gone under
during WWII?  Disney chooses to ignore Gladstone's attempts at making
sure these classic items are available for future generations by only
seeing dollar signs.  It seems to me that they have lost focus of their
history.  I can't help but think that this isn't the way Walt wanted it,
and it really makes me sad.  *sigh*  If we ever do get comics here again,
I will never take it for granted.

~~~Rodney.