Knut about Rosa (semi-DUCK-spoiler)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at research.kpn.com
Wed Dec 22 15:22:01 CET 1999

Knut:

> I just have the feeling that this is the first time the
> D.U.C.K appears in
> the first panel of _every_ episode of a Don Rosa story...

The *only* other time Don did that was in the "War of the Wendigo" story.
And there's an occasion (Lo$ chapter 12) where D.U.C.K. is hidden several
times in the first *and* in the last panel of the story.

> I was surprised the other day to see a
> cover page drawn by Don Rosa with both DD and MM in the same
> page!

Don did a few covers with DD, MM and US, for Gladstone near the end of their
first run (1989). They were meant for Gladstone's "WDC in Color" albums,
which were bundlings of (superfluous) Gladstone albums. Not all of Don's
covers were used at that time. Some of the covers were used (or re-used)
almost a decade later, near the end of Gladstone's "second run".

(Now let's hope we will be able to speak of a "third run"...)

--Harry.
(Best Christmas wishes to all!)