Disney comics Digest V99 #205

Alecto alecto at goulburn.net.au
Fri Nov 26 23:24:32 CET 1999

> Date:   Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:50:57 +1100 (EST)
> From: jenny <jen at rainbow.net.au>
> To: dcomics at strindberg.ling.uu.se
> Subject: More on Aust missing panels
>
> The Australian version of No Such Varmint has several missing panels, and
> given the previous discussion, I deceided to check what had been taken out.
> Interesting... it would seem the story was Australianized, they have taken
> out the panels where Donald charms wild snakes (supposed to be on pages
> 5&6). They left in the panels where the snakes were tame... maybe they
> didn't want to scare children with the thought of wild snakes popping out
> from behind rocks and in tree trunks? (Australia has a large snake
> population). Later on in the story they also took out the panels where the
> kids are zapped by electric eels!!
>
> Jenny

Thanks for that info Jenny (do you have some US issues as well as the
.au ones?) ,unfortunately I've never read the story "No such Varmint"
,so can't comment on it.
It sounds to me like Dangerous Disguise was censored for political
reasons ,the .au government at the time not wanting to install any lack
of confidence in the rail system. I would love to see the missing panels
if someone has the time to scan them for me.

Alecto.