Disney comics Digest V99 #203

Anna-Maija Ihander unski13 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:33:46 CET 1999

Hellohello!

Anni:
> > What I've been heard, the book is (again) exellent!

Mike:
>It is, especially the Kalevala story. Definitely one of my favourite Rosa
>stories! (Comparison is hard, though, because it's so different from all
>the others.)

Well, I didn't like it (the Kalevala story) all that much. Of course it was
brilliantly drawn and I really loved the bits with Iku-Turso in Helsinki,
but the story was somehow a bit vague. Rosa would have obviously needed more
pages to tell the story the way he wanted, all in good time. Especially the
beginning is a bit hasty somehow. But still, this beats most of the stories
in Aku Ankka these days. Actually all of them, unless there's some better
Rosa or Barks story. That's my opininon.

To Don Rosa: thank you for signing my copy of the book! I can't believe you
still managed to keep on smiling and posing for fotos after signing the
books for about one third of the population of Turku... Thanks!

Unski

Anna-Maija Ihander          < ^ ^ >
unski13 at hotmail.com          |O O|---------.
To do is to be.  -Descartes      |   ###   ||
To be is to do.  -Voltaire        | |----| |#
Do be do be do.  -Frank Sinatra   |_|    |_|