DCML digest, Vol 1 #124 - 5 msgs

Tom Wik popcorn at freenet.hut.fi
Mon Apr 3 17:58:29 CEST 2000

>Date:   Sun, 02 Apr 2000 14:39:52 -0700
>From: Norbert Stippler <Norbert.Stippler at rhein-main.net>
>Subject: Question Concerning a Don-Rosa-Story

>---snip---
>But on page 12 Donald asks if the camera is ready, and the nephew
>answers: "Ich hab eben einen neuen Film eingelegt", in english: "I just
>put in a new film." So, if the film is changed in the middle of the
>story, the photograph from page one can't be in the camera at the end of
>the story.

>Norbert

I don't have access to the original english script, but I have the swedish
version of the comic. In the place that you refer to, one the nephew
says:"Klar! Vattentaet och laddad med film!", which means "Ready! Watertight
and loaded with (a) film".
My first reaction to this is that the camera is loaded from before, i.e
there is no new film in the camera. The situation can of course be
interpreted in the way you suggested, and I guess the German translators
understood it that way. The true intention anyway is that there is no new
film, otherwise the fun would be spoiled ;) (any comments from anyone with
the english comic?)

Greets:
Tom Wik