Pedro Cravo: Brazilian computer stories

Arthur Faria Jr. arthurfaria at projesom.com.br
Thu Apr 6 00:04:53 CEST 2000

    Pedro Cravo wrote:

>There is a Pena Kid (Fethry Kid) story where Fethry is drawing the story =
>and Scrooge doesn't like it so it's constantly making him change the =
>outcome. I don't remember it's title.

    Well, there are a lot of Pena Kid stories in the 70s like that one
you described. Have you seen the two stories of that kind I put
on the Web last Sunday? Quick, I'll remove them this weekend:

    http://www.projesom.com.br/afaria/b_fethry/

>   I have four comics that make a special collection dedicated to =
>computers. The History of Computers appears in the first one and the =
>others have stories about computers, video games and robots. If I'm not =
>mistaken, there are three or four chapters of the History of Computers =
>(but there may be more) and it dates back to the middle 80. It was =
>edited by Editora Abril, from Brazil, and distributed here in Portugal, =
>as most of the Disney comics those days.

    Well, I and other writers made some stories for Editora Abril in
mid-80s about computers, video-games, VCRs, etc., for a Disney magazine
(not a comic book) titled "Video Disney", edited in Brazil. It had
a short life (AFAIK 4 issues). But those weren't series, just
isolated stories, and there wasn't any History of Computers in it.
Hmm.. Those ones you mention might be stories made exclusively for
the European market, I don't know... Anyway, I've never seen them.
If you Pedro or anybody else knows the story codes of some of them,
please I'd really like to know.

The Disney Video stories published here that I know are:

B 850033 1 3 EKM? FE Tempos modernos
B 850036 1 3 EKM MOV,OH,PE,BB,PB desc:Computer lists villains' hideouts
B 850007 8 3 VMe MDS,MIM,WWI Tremendo som
B 850037 1 3 EKM? GY,ERM Que programa! desc:Complaining on GY using computer
B 850026 10 3 AFJ EKM? US,DD,HDL,GY,BB O guarda-contador
B 850073 1 3 EKM FE,Gloria A análise
B 850071 1 3 EKM FE,DD,US Quem procura, acha
B 850072 1 3 EKM FE,DD,US,Tabby O profissional
B 850025 12 3 VMe MDS,MIM,US Programando bruxarias
B 850064 14 3 AFJ ISR US,FE,BIQ,GY Videogame sem vídeo
B 850074 1 3 EKM FE Fundindo a cuca!
B 820224 6 VMe? DD,GL,DA Videocassetada
B 850038 1 3 EKM? GY,ERM desc:Making horoscope program

-- Arthur.