Internet problem year 2000.

Morten Lied Johansen mortenlj at student.matnat.uio.no
Tue Apr 11 13:03:00 CEST 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Frank Stajano wrote:

> I can only confirm this (and advise people to get an as-you-download virus
> scanner like the one I have). Question is: how come this idiot was (a)
> allowed to post from such an address and (b) allowed to post a binary at all?

Can't answer the first, but if I'm not mistaken, Mailman (which drives
this list) only puts a limit on the number of lines a mail can have. It
can't see if something is binary or not.

I suspect that the limit is set to 0 which in Mailman means unlimited...
If Per has set it to something else, then it probably isn't low
enough...

--
Morten
I used dip switches and connector wires to speed up my computer. It works