new Donald USA comic book story

Rich xephyr at jps.net
Sat Apr 22 17:38:45 CEST 2000

> From: "Arie Fachrisal" <cien2 at cbn.net.id>
> > From: SRoweCanoe at aol.com
> > Subject: new Donald USA comic book story
> > I'm out of town for the next week, but I just wanted to point out
> > that the current issue of Disney Adventures features a Donald Duck
> > as superhero comic (part 1)
>
> New Donald USA comic book story? More info, please.

O.K., for a limited time ONLY I have posted the first
ten pages of the new Disney Adventures comic for the
viewing pleasure of our international Disney friends
who typically would have no way to view it.

It is only loosely based on the PKNA adventures, and
I'm sure fans of that comic will probably hate this
rendition.  It is very much a watered down version
of PKNA (I have issues #0 thru #3 or #4).  Personally
I didn't like how far removed from the regular
Duckburg universe PKNA was, which is the same reason
I lost interest in MMMM (Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine).
I love the concepts of both books, but I didn't like
NOT seeing my OTHER favorite Disney characters.  I'm
in favor of introducing all-new supporting characters,
but not at the expense of the older, more familiar
ones.  I also liked the vastly different feel and
approaches both PKNA & MMMM gave as a showcase for
the main characters, but again, not at the expense
of all the others.  Anyhow, this Disney Adventures
comic, as was said before, is great in the respect
that it FINALLY gives us fans in the USA a brand New
Disney comic that actually stars are "REAL" Disney
character!  I also like the revival of "Spike" (a.k.a.
"Buzz-Buzz") the bee as Donald's sidekick!  It is
blatantly obvious, as well, that the creation (or
rather "re-creation) of Super Donald here is to take
advantage of the initials "D.A." for "Disney Adventures"
now used for the "Duck Avenger."  I don't mind that
really, since Donald as Phantomias or Paperinik was
never officially translated to "Super Donald" (I
think), so at least now we know it is "officially"
translated into English as "Duck Avenger" (something
the I.N.D.U.C.K.S. folks might be interested in).

So, if you are interested, I have posted them to my
site for about a week, but since they take up too
much server space I will need to remove them.

You can find them at:
http://www.jps.net/xephyr/SCANS/DA01.jpg
http://www.jps.net/xephyr/SCANS/DA02.jpg
http://www.jps.net/xephyr/SCANS/DA03.jpg