DCML digest, Vol 1 #228 - 10 msgs

rfichte@mailroom.com rfichte at mailroom.com
Sun Aug 13 16:30:04 CEST 2000

jgarvin:

>My closing thoughts on this thread: Daniel is correct in pointing out
>that Mr. Rosa's words and thoughts about Barks probably carry much
more
>weight that ours.  Daniel was incorrect for asking him to be careful
>about what he says.  Don was NOT summing up Barks career in
>two sentences (as Don pointed out), but he certainly has the right to,
>as do we all.  We are not responsible for the weight that others
attatch
>to our words.  (Crank up our National Anthem here:) In America, we
>believe in the Freedom of Speech!  Even though polical-correctness is
>trying to put a damper on us, we Americans are a cantankerous, feisty
>bunch.  Don't ask us to watch what we say.  If anyone is offended by
>what I say, that is your problem, not mine.  Offence is taken by the
>listener, not given by the listener

That's obviously true. Don't believe the nitpickers on this list. There
was absolutely nothing wrong in Don and other's messages for us
Europeans. I loved the discussion about Barks' real & fantasy world.
Only the discussion about wordings was boring.

This Message was Powered by Xcel Communications
Sign up for your FREE EMAIL account today at http://www.mailroom.com
Give your FAX machine an email address http://www.faxroom.com