I'm baaaack! ;-)

Torch xephyr at jps.net
Sun Aug 13 16:06:34 CEST 2000

Greetings fellow Disney Comics fans.  I apologize for my extended absence,
but I've been overwhelmed by work, school, and then my mother's serious
illness which recently resulted in her death.  During a happier moment
I contacted several of you with a fun post, but then things turned
worse for my mother.... Anyhow, I just finished catching up on most of
the DCML back mailouts and have found some comments that intrigued
me.

Some questions:

>>Fernando Ventura said (concerning a third talking bird):
In Brazil, the character act as a friend of José Carioca, in some histories
made in the 70's by Renato Canini. Very interisting. He is called Amadeu in
Brazil.

Can you tell us/me more about Amadeu?  He was not just Ellsworth or Bruto
on an extended visit with Jose was he?  I know that this happens on some
occassions (such as Bequinho and others who have done the same).  Do
you have any scans of him?  What eventually happened to him (did he go
back to where ever he came from?).

Don Rosa mentioned his new "Three Cabelleros" tale featuring Don, Jose
and Panchito.  In the message he gave Panchito a surname of "Pistoles"
which I loved!!!! Can anyone tell me the origin of that surname?  Was it
originally created for Panchito back when the film "Three Cabelleros"
was being storyboarded, but just never made it to the actual film (much
like Jose's girlfriend  Aurora never made it past the drawingboard
stage until she was named "Rosinha" in Brazilian comics), or did Mr.
Rosa invent the name of "Pistoles"?  Either way, I like it.  I'm extremely
sad that we may never get Don's "Three Cabelleros" tale here is the
USA! :-(

>>Favio (Thierry Fernand) said:
In the "Journal de Mickey" (France), Ellsworth is a real
star, and appears in hundreds of stories (litterally). He is
one of the main characters, together with Goofy and Mickey. A
superhero version was made a few years ago, but I think it
was abandoned.

Does anyone know how Ellsworth became a superhero (magic, supergoobers,
chemical potion, aliens, etc.)?  Are any scans available of him in his costume?

Finally, Paolo shared a couple scenes from a comic he read:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/cgi-bin/starback/dcml/story?D+99156
"History re-Petes itself"
in which Pete is transformed into a child and Mickey attempts to re-raise
him properly.  According to the INDUCKS file it was written by David
Gerstein (YAY!).  Paolo suggested that the Pig-woman and pig-girl that
appear are Patricia Pigg and her daughter Peggy, but the INDUCKS says,
"nyx;Patricia Pigg".  What does that mean?  Is it NOT Patricia?  If it *is*
Patricia, does anyone know what Patricia & Percy's son's name is?
Two related questions:  On Pete's nursery wall are several posters. There
is a picture of two early Disney characters: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and
Julius the Cat.  Who is the Fish-like character?  Is he a Disney character
or something else entirely (maybe a Dr. Seuss character?).  Also, who is
the weasel-like jailmate in the cell with Pete and Shyster at the end?

Thank you for any insight on these queries,

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at jps.net