Official Characters?!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Tue Aug 15 23:26:08 CEST 2000

Don writted:

"I was told about this comic when I was making a list of all the Duckburg
characters to put into the Egmont Christmas Calendar I did last week.
Fethry is in issue one, next will be Moby Duck, and in the final issue will
be Ludwig Von Drake. I was worried that my editor would tell me they wanted7
me to include Fethry and Moby Duck in my calendar art, something I would
decline to do. But it turns out, at least so I'm told, that this 3-issue
series does not herald the return of these characters to the weeklies --
all three are still "officially dead" in the Duck Universe. But I LIKE
Ludwig Von Drake (I sneak him into the crowd scenes in my stories
sometimes, though I'm not allowed to use him as a character), so I was
still allowed to make him one of my Christmas vignettes.
(By the way, I *was* allowed to also include Jose Carioca and Panchito
Pistoles in my series!)"

    So, Egmont don't permit there artists to use al the Disney character?!
Why? there are some reason for it?
And there are a reason because some countries, like Brazil and Italy,
publish Disney stories from all the world, and some countries didn't publish
then? Maybe Don can be allowed to do Ludwig histories for others companys,
like Picsou.
   Al this three characters, Ludwig, Fethry and Moby Duck are used in
Brazil, but I just see one brazilian story with Moby.

Fernando!