Off-topic EC

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 14:21:55 CEST 2000

In a message dated 08/20/2000 6:03:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dcml-admin at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

> (Speaking of EC comics, are they still being reprinted? I stopped
>  subscribing a long time ago, and at that time the reprints weren't
>  doing very well, as I remember readers were being asked to buy multiple
>  copies(!) to help out.)

Well aparently in the USA, they outsell Disney Comics!       ; )
  (but then all comics do! - there are still no  USA Disney Comics)

  In the current Previews, the EC (Gemstone) titles for October will be Crime
Patrol and War Against Crime.   I would suggest that a newcomer to EC start
with what I consider their best comics:  Shock Suspenstories and Crime
Suspenstories.  Unless you really enjoyed the TV show, I'd skip the horror
comics till later.

Steven Rowe