DCML digest, Vol 1 #229 - 11 msgs

Morten Lied Johansen mortenlj at student.matnat.uio.no
Thu Aug 17 15:10:26 CEST 2000

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Dan Shane wrote:

> Touché.  I forgot to turn off HTML in my message, as you no doubt guessed.
> Another thing that is hard for us Microsoft Windows using Americans is
> remembering that the rest of the world is by far a "plain text" community.

MS Windows has nothing to do with it... A great deal of the others here
are probably also using Windows... The problem lies in MS and Netscape
not telling their users that for simplicity (and smaller messages) most
other mail-clients use plain text.

I encourage people to ALWAYS use plain text in mail, since you never
know what the person in the other end uses, and the standard says plain
text. The standard also talks about MIME-encoding, which is what OE does
when sending html, but this is optional in a mail-client...

> Sorry about that.

Apology accepted.. :)

Hmmm... that's two in a row where I don't talk about comics at
all... Sorry.. :)

--
Morten
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home. -- Ken