Barks

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:27:59 CEST 2000

Sigh

I haven´t found words. Everything sounds defective or flat to describe his
meaning to me or world of comics, but I do share the feeling, that everybody
has been stated here.
When I read Barks´ "Old Castle´s Secret" at age of 6, I found it so
fascinating that I decided to become a cartoonist myself. Without Barks´
comics I might be doing something very different. No one can say what, but I
love doing comics and cartoons, so I owe a pretty much to him. His comics
and stories made be become interest in comics in general and as a worthwhile
medium. Not mentioning my smaller interest in history and other things (I
used to check books and encyclopedias for more info as a kid after reading
those historic and exotic adventures of Barks).
It feels like storytelling grandpa has gone. Thanks for the stories..
People will enjoy them long after us.

Timo Ronkainen
Cartoonist and editor-writer of Finnish Duck/Barks-zine Ankkalinnan Pamaus.

"Rumble on, buxom bumble bee!
Go sit on cowslip - far from me!"

timoro at hotmail.com
http://members.xoom.com/timoro